Sri Kadu Mallikarjunaswamy Temple is located in Malleshwaram,in the suburbs of Bangalore City and is one of the oldest temples in the city. This six hundred year old temple complex is spread amidst a sprawling garden and it is believed that the locality of Malleshwaram was built around this temple. The temple was also known as 'kadu malleswara' referring to the jungle like territory in which it was built. The land for the temple and the surrounding area came to be known as Malleswaram. History shows that the temple belonged to Chatrapati Shivaji's stepbrother Venkoji, who came upon a 'Shivalingam' in 1669 and consecrated the temple around it.
Legend has it that in the 15th Century, a betel-nut merchant Sri Siddalinga Shetty was camping in the forest that is now Malleshwaram. He is said to have experienced a miracle while trying to use the Linga, which he then took to be an ordinary stone, as a stovetop, to cook on, and thereafter, he constructed the temple around this very powerful Udbhava Murthy.
The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Kadu Malleshwara Temple is constructed using Dravidian architecture during the rule of King Venkojirao Bhonsle.
There is no particular code. Devotees are advised to dress conservatively.
The temple is located in suburbs of Bangalore City which is well connected by rail, road and airways to all parts of the country. There are bus services and other public transport available from different parts of city to the Temple.
Daily Pooja and Aarti at 7.30 A.M
Aarti, Pooja and Abhishekam at 7.00 A.M everyday
Notable festivities include the 9 different Alankaras on the days of Navaratri, the seven-day-long Utsava during Shivaratri, and the special Poojas during the month of Kartika.